Interview with Torrey DeVitto
We got the opportunity to do an interview with Torrey DeVitto who will be on the fifth season of "One Tree Hill". She talks about her life and her characters in her different projects.
The interview is (c) myFanbase 2007. Please do not copy it to other websites or messageboards.
1. Your first listed TV appearance was on "Dawson's Creek" when you were nearly 19. Did you first want to finish school or was it by chance that you started acting?
Actually the first TV spot I ever did was on a show called "Safe Harbor" for the WB. I did a very small, small part on it when I was about 16 I think. I graduated highschool early and knew that I wanted to jump right into acting. Even while I was in highschool I was always auditioning for anything that came through Orlando, where I lived at the time.
2. What point in your career would you identify as your break through?
Well I still feel like I am building up to my "break through" moment. But if I had to identify one significant moment it would be when I booked "Beautiful People", it was my first time staring in a series so it was very exciting for me.
3. Your father Liberty DeVitto is a well-known drummer who was in Billy Joel's band. You are also a talented musician playing violin. What do you like more, playing violin or acting? Or isn't that comparable?
That's a hard one. I get completely different feelings from both. Acting right now is my strongest passion and takes precedence over music, but violin will always been a huge part of my life and I really hope I can do more with it in the future.
4. After high school you spent some time in Japan. It is a very fascinating country, what can you tell us about your experiences in the "Land of the Rising Sun"?
Japan was a great experience for me. I was actually still in highschool when I went over there. Everyone over there that I met was very nice and polite...and short! I felt very tall walking through the streets of Japan ha. But their culture is very intriguing to me.
5. For some time you already worked as a model for several commercials? Why did you decide to change the business and start working as an actress?
Working in commercials for me was a stepping stone to get to TV and film jobs. Since I lived in Orlando when I started acting, there aren't that many opportunities to do film and TV but there is a ton of commercial work, so I just did whatever I could.
6. We just heard that you will be part of "One Tree Hill's" 5th season. Please tell us a little bit about your character Carrie.
My character Carrie actually comes on as a nanny, I don't want to give anything away, but it's a very exciting character to be playing.
7. Can you already give us some scoop about next season?
I don't want to be the one to ruin any suprises but the next season is very exciting. There are a lot of twists that I think will be fun to watch.
8. Was it coincidence that you will play again next to Daphne Zuniga who was playing your mother on "Beautiful People"?
Yes! Ha, it was complete coincidence that we are both doing the show. I was so excited to hear that she was doing an arc as well. We have talked since I've been up here but since we are in different story lines we still haven't been able to see each other!
9. Apart from your new project on television you have just finished working on two upcoming movies. On the one hand there is "Heber Holiday" and on the other "Killer Movie". What can you tell us about your parts in these two movies?
Well in "Heber Holiday" I play a young actress who has completely lost control and winds up in rehab. It's actually pretty indicative of what's going on in the tabloids today. It was a really fun part to play, I got to throw a lot of tantrums :). And in "Killer Movie", I play an assistant to a reality TV producer who is not a very easy person to get along with at all, and that one is a horror film.
And currently in between shooting "One Tree Hill", I am filming a movie called "Green Flash", which is about an athlete trying to find his balance between being an athlete and being in reality.
10. Since myFanbase is an online magazine about TV series do you have a favorite one?
I have to be honest, I don't really watch a lot of TV..but my best friend Sarah and I sometimes on long lazy weekends like to do marathons and rent DVD's of series we have never seen. And I got extremely addicted to "Lost" that way! I can't wait to see the new season if they are having one, I think they are. My other favorite TV show which has been canceled for a long time was "Six feet under", I just watched it on DVD not too long ago and got completely hooked and thought it was fantastic!
Catherine Bühnsack - myFanbase
Grandiose News! Ach jetzt freu ich mich RIESIG auf die...
Mir hat die Wandlung von Big Jim in diesen kompletten...