Exclusive interview with Audrey Marie Anderson
August 14, 2014 | Audrey Marie Anderson has been portraying Lyla Michaels in "Arrow" and Lilly Chambler in "The Walking Dead". In our interview she talks about her acting experiences, her roles and her work on set of "Arrow" and "The Walking Dead" and also about her memories from playing Kim Brown on "The Unit".
1. When you started out as an actor you probably had some ideas about the job. Did it turn out to be what you expected?
In some ways. I knew that it would be tough, but I thought that once I had some experience under my belt that things would get a bit easier. It doesn't. It's equal parts pleasure and pain. At times, I think I'm crazy to do this job, but I can't imagine not doing it.
2. In "Arrow" season 1 Lyla Michaels was an acquaintance of John. Did you know then what their relationship really looks like or was it a suprise for you to come back in season 2?
It was a surprise. I didn't know how my character would develop, and I'm not sure that the writers knew either. They gave me a few scenes here and there and David and I had chemistry and it was interesting, so they went with it.
3. What do you admire about Lyla and how would you describe her relationship with ARGUS and Amanda Waller?
I admire how focused Lyla is. She doesn't get sidetracked by her emotions. She understands that things are not good or bad, there is a lot of grey in the world, so she can do something that is "wrong" to make things "right" in the big picture. Amanda is her boss, and Lyla knows how to be a good soldier. I think it's one of the parts that Lyla plays. She understands the rules, and therefore knows how to break them.
4. What is it like to be part of the "Suicide Squad" and what's Lyla's opinion on this remarkable group?
It's a fascinating dynamic. The Suicide Squad is a weapon, and Lyla is trained in using this weapon. But I think she also sees the humanity in each individual, so again, it's a complicated, grey area. I think Lyla can see the value in the weapon, but I don't think she always agrees with the way in which Waller employs it.
5. At the end of season 2 we learn about Lyla's pregnancy. Can you talk a little bit about what impact the pregnancy is gonna have on her, her relationship to John and her work?
I'm not sure yet. I'm just as curious as you.
6. If you could choose between all superheroes which one would you like to play?
I'm not very educated in the world of superheroes. Someone who can be invisible and can read minds. Is there anyone like that?
7. What was the most remarkable and the funniest thing you experienced on the set of "Arrow?
It's pretty remarkable what they accomplish on their budget in 8 days (per episode). The stunts are very impressive.
8. On "The Walking Dead" your character Lilly fell in love very quickly with Brian Heriot. Why do you think she trusted him although she got to see the Governor's dark nature?
First of all, you have to remember that in the beginning, Lily had no reason not to trust Brian. By the time they were out on the road and in the camp, I think she had no choice but to trust him. She put their lives in his hands and even though she knew he was going to do some very bad things, she wanted to survive. She did everything for survival, not for love.
9. After her daughter was attacked Lilly brought her body to the governor and realized what he is capable of. What were her reasons to kill the Governor herself?
10. If Lilly would have survived the battle, what storyline would you have liked to see for the character?
I would have liked to see Lily become a total bad ass and find her sister.
11. For 4 years you played Kim Brown, Scott Foley's wife, on "The Unit". What is your fondest memory of that time? Are you still in touch with some of the others?
The cast and crew were my favorite thing about that show, and I am still in touch with a few of them. We had so many laughs! The guys were constantly cutting up on set and I could hardly make it through a take with Scott without laughing. It was such a great experience for me, and working with David Mamet has been one of the highlights of my career.
12. Are there any more projects you are working on which you can talk about?
I will be in an HBO mini series called "Olive Kitteridge" directed by Lisa Cholodenko. I think it airs this fall.
13. Since myFanbase is an online magazine about tv shows, we would like to know what your favorite shows are?
My favorite show is "Game of Thrones". "Orange is The New Black" and "Boardwalk Empire" are among my faves.
Thank you, Audrey, we wish you all the best with your projects!
Ceren K. - myFanbase
- Interview: Celina Jade (April 2013)
- Interview: Paul Blackthorne (Februar 2013)
- Interview: Byron Man (Dezember 2012)
- Interview: Melissa Ponzio (Juni 2014)
- Interview: IronE Singleton (Februar 2014)
- Interview: Kyle Gallner (Februar 2014)
- Interview: Melissa Ponzio (August 2013)
- Interview: Steven Yeun (April 2012)
- Interview: Norman Reedus (Februar 2012)
- Interview: Sam Witwer (März 2012)
Ok, das ist dann natürlich noch mal eine andere...
Freu mich auch riesig über die Neuigkeiten! "This Is Us"...