Exclusive interview with Jessica Parker Kennedy
Jessica Parker Kennedy plays one of the main characters on the new mystery show "The Secret Circle". Melissa Glaser is part of the circle of witches of the teenager generation, and Jessica explains her character in this interview a little bit. She also talks about how she prepared for this role and with which TV character she would like to switch places for one day. Jessica likes to travel and talks a little about the places she visited.
1. Can you describe your character Melissa a little bit? Would you classify her as a rather good witch or an evil one?
Melissa is passionate and grounded. She isn't evil but she hasn't exactly found her place in the circle in terms of how good or bad she is. She definitely has a naughty side but she's got a good heart and as soon as things get too serious she reigns it in.
2. What can fans of the mystery genre expect from the show?
They can expect to have many questions. I feel like every time we turn a corner and find something out about Cassie and our parent' past, it raises even more questions. The writers are doing a great job of keeping the viewers on their toes. I feel like the show is full of suspense, drama, romance and a great deal of mysteries yet to be solved.
3. Your character is completely new to "The Secret Circle", it doesn't exist in the book. How did you prepare for the role?
When I was a teenager my friends and I were obsessed with the movie The Craft and the idea that maybe we could be witches. We borrowed spell books from the library and did incantations. We took it really seriously. So I guess I feel like I've been preparing for this role for a long time!
4. Did you read the book before shooting to prepare your performance as a witch?
I chose not to read the books. I get really attached to the way characters are written and story lines. I knew 'this' Secret Circle was going in a fairly different direction and I didn't want to spoil it for myself.
5. Can you tell us something about your work with the other actors and Kevin Williamson?
The other actors on the show have quickly become my dear friends. We all come to work ready to have fun, prepared and wanting to give our best performances. I have so much love and respect for my costars. Kevin is a really great man and a very smart writer. I am so happy to be a part of one of his projects.
6. Do you believe in magic and witchcraft?
I believe in magic but I also believe that the most simple and beautiful things in life can by magical - the birth of a child, the energy you can feel when an animal looks you in the eyes, the moment right before it starts to rain. That's all magic to me.
7. The idea of supernatural beings on TV isn´t a new idea. Do you have a favorite show, book or movie that focuses on the supernatural?
I was a larger than life "Buffy - The Vampire Slayer" fan growing up.
8. In "Smallville" you play the character Plastique aka Bette. What was it like to work on this show wearing the cool outfits and seeing yourself in the episodes with the scifi effects afterwards?
I loved watching the scifi effects afterwards! When someone gives you the chance to play super-power-make-believe for real, it's a thrilling experience. Then to see the final product on screen is pretty electrifying. It was delightful working on the Smallville set. The actors are really kind and genuine people and I had a lot of fun! Oh ya, I loved wearing the leather get-up. It made me feel cool!
9. Which TV character would you like to be if you could switch bodies for one day?
Buffy - the forbidden love, the fighting skills, the lack of fear. Very very cool!
10. What is your absolute dream job as an actress?
To be in a film working with actors I respect and look up to.
11. If you are not working, how do you like to spend your time?
I love to watch movies and my favourite TV shows. I also love to be on the beach.
12. You've done a lot of travelling. Which place was most exiting to visit?
The most 'exciting' place was Peru. That place is full of magic! I went to Machu Picchu and I also spent some time in the jungle in Bolivia. My eyes were wide open all the time. I was so excited to be there!
13. Since myFanbase is an online magazine about TV series, do you have a favorite show?
I have many - "Breaking Bad", "American Horror Story", "Sons of Anarchy".
Thank you, Jessica, we wish you all the best with the new show.
Nicole Oebel - myFanbase
Was hat Walter White mit der Leiche von Krazy 8 gemacht?
Wird sie Serie noch aktiv gedreht?