Interview with Sendhil Ramamurthy
We got the opportunity to do an interview with Sendhil Ramamurthy, the star from "Heroes". He talked about the show, his character Mohinder Suresh and answered questions from his fans...
The interview is (c) myFanbase 2006. Please do not copy it to other websites or messageboards.
1. First of all: You have a new project "Blind guy driving". Can you tell us something about this movie and which part you will play in it?
Blind Guy Driving is now called BLIND DATING. It is a cross-cultural romantic comedy where a white man (who happens to be blind ) falls in love with a young Indian American woman. We shot the movie in Salt Lake City, Utah last summer. I have a supporting part as the blind guy’s romantic rival. Tragically, I do not get the girl. The movie is scheduled for release in the U.S. in early 2007 as far as I know……
2. Since your show is called "Heroes” what is a Hero for you? What kind of persons are Heroes? Do you have a Hero?
I think a hero is anyone you can look up to and admire. The actor Paul Schofield has always been a Hero of mine b/c one day I hope to be able to act half as good as he did!
3. What can you tell us about your character?
I play a Genetics professor named Mohinder Suresh who, after the murder of his father, follows up on his father’s theory that people are developing extraordinary abilities all over the world. Suresh embarks on a journey to prove that his father was right and to find his father’s killer in the process.
4. Can you tell us anything about the first season of ”Heroes”?
I really like my job so I can’t tell you too much or they will fire me. I think I can safely say that the Heroes will learn more about their abilities and that we will bring all the characters together at some point fairly quickly.
5. When you first read the script of "Heroes” what did you think?
"…no, don’t stop!”
6. Both of your parents are doctors? Did they want you to become a doctor too? And why did you choose to become an actor?
My parents have always supported all of my interests and ambitions. I think they were surprised at first, because I had never told them about my interest in acting. But once they saw that I really wanted to do it, they supported my decision and even paid for my drama training in London!
7. You mainly had have guest appearances in different shows until you got your part on "Heroes” as a main cast character. Do you want to focus your carrier on Television shows or would you like to do movies after "Heroes”?
I want to continue doing interesting work – whatever the medium or the scale.
Ganz deiner Meinung! Auch ich hoffe, dass man nicht noch...
von Melanie E.