Interview with Elyse Levesque
"Stargate Universe" ended this month with the finale of the second season. We had the chance to interview Elyse Levesque, who plays Chloe, shortly before that and she talks about her thoughts and working on the show. With David Blue she's the second person from the main cast of this scifi show we could talk to.
The interview is © myFanbase 2011. Please do not copy it to other websites or messageboards.
1. In 2007 you were in two episodes of "Smallville". What was the best part of working on that show?
I'd have to say meeting all of the cast and working on the set, as I was familiar with the show. It was a trip to be on the set of a show I'd actually watched.
2. When you got the part of Chloe Armstrong on "Stargate Universe" what did you think about the character? Now that you look back did she turn out the way you expected her to be?
I felt very close to the character on a personal level, so I was excited to delve in and explore her. I had no idea where they were going to take her, and I feel like her journey far exceeded my expectations.
3. Which is your favorite episode of "Stargate Universe" and why?
I'd have to say "Time". I think that that episode has it all. Great performances, story, action, drama, suspense and visual effects.
4. Did you know any episodes from "Stargate SG-1" or "Stargate Atlantis" before you auditioned for the role of Chloe? Are you a fan of the whole franchise or SciFi at all?
Not really. I'd seen an episode or two, but wasn't super familiar with the franchise prior to auditioning for it. I think it helped though, as we were taking the franchise in a different direction. After working on SGU, I certainly have found more of an appreciation for the genre.
5. It was announced recently that the show wasn't renewed for a 3rd season or a film. Did you have the chance to wrap up the storylines properly?
Unfortunately, the season 2 finale ends with an awesome cliffhanger, so it's too bad we won't get a chance to tell the rest of the story. It would be nice to give the show and the franchise itself, a proper ending. But who knows, we may get the chance further on down the road.
6. Robert Carlyle directed one episode of season 2. What was it like to have your co-star as your director?
It was awesome. Bobby (as we lovingly call him) was very respectful to each of us and our process. He was also familiar with who we were as people and where we were in our work. I think that helped him to get real, moving performances out of us because we trusted him and knew we were in safe hands.
7. If you had the opportunity to use a real stargate where would you like to go?
I'd love for a solar flare to happen and travel back in time to the Middle Ages. Ha! I'm fascinated by that time in history.
8. Eli and Chloe had a great chemistry on screen. In an earlier interview David Blue told us jokingly you were obsessed with him. Did you keep having fun on set?
Obsessed?! Me?! Yeah, that sounds about right. David and I were always joking around. I feel like our relationship was based on me acting like a crazy person and him capturing it on his iPhone. Ha!
9. The biggest scifi fan convention of Europe, the FedCon, takes place in Germany every year. Any chance we will see you there one day? Do you like being at conventions?
You never know! I love to travel and I enjoy doing conventions, so it seems like a no brainer. Hopefully I'll get invited to come over for a visit!
10. Playing in a scifi show can probably be very demanding for actors. Is there something you wouldn't say or do in terms of storyline even in a high quality program?
There are moments every now and again, where what is scripted doesn't ring true to the character. We were fortunate that our writers and producers were open to hearing our thoughts, and collaborating with us.
11. You are now shooting a feature film with Chrispin Glover and Ryan O'Neal. What is like working with George McFly ("Back to the Future") and Oliver Barrett ("Love Story")? Can you tell us a little bit about the film?
I have yet to meet either of them as we haven't shot those scenes yet, but I'm excited to meet two actors whose work I admire. The film itself is about a group of girls who work at a strip lounge and find themselves in a dangerous situation after accidentally murdering a celebrity. It's pretty outrageous, but I think that's the point of it. It goes for the campy horror thing, unapologetically.
12. If you could put together an entire crew for a movie or show: Who would be the director? Who would be in the leading role(s)? And what would the film/show be about?
I would love to do a film adaptation of "The Seagull" by Chekov. I'm hearing rumors that someone may have beat me to it, but regardless I would still love to do my own interpretation. I would like for Darren Aranofsky to direct, and I would cast Emily Blunt as Nina, Meryl Streep as Arkadina, possibly James McAvoy as Kostya or Ryan Gosling, and Vincent Cassel as Trigorin.
13. Since myFanbase is an online magazine about TV series, do you have a favorite show?
Nicole Oebel - myFanbase
gibt es in der Deutsche Blu ray fassung auch die...
von Dimitri Kan
Die Folge an sich war ganz okay, ich würde sie mit 2,5...